Old February 15th 04, 04:43 AM
Mark Little

"garigue" wrote in message
news:zgAXb.313140$xy6.1534723@attbi_s02...

The idea that non-amateurs "not understanding" amateur radio is

false
and little more than an attempt at rationalization of their own

ignorance.

Huh ???? I better get another beer to figure out this one .... just who

is
non-rational here ???? I haven't figured this one out yet. My idea of
amateur radio is a deversion from my daily routine. I do not live by it

or
for it. It is my desire that all involved in the hobby-service-passion

what
ever have a good time in fellowship.

The idea that one who has no experience in using amateur radio has no
real feel for amateur radio is no falsehood.

Nonsense. There is nothing in life that is so insular that one cannot

get
"real feel" of it by doing similar things.

OK by your argument then lets say sex ..... but your definition of "real
feel" and what I say is normal may differ.

By taking this tack, even a licenced Amateur would not be able to get a
"real feel" as it is just about 100% certain that they will have different
interests and priorities than you.

I take a less metaphysical approach to "real feel". I mean it is relatively
easy to determine what Amateurs do and there are plenty of related things
(CB & marine radio, electronics kits, regulations, chat rooms, phones, etc)
so that a person could reasonably be expected to be about to judge whether
this would be interesting - before they went to the effort of getting a
licence.

Take care 73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.

Enjoying ham radio for what it is to me ..not what others perceive it or
wish it to be.

As it should be, but that does not prevent unlicenced people from knowing
what the hobby is about. Whether they would enjoy those activities is a
matter of personality, not of holding a licence.

regards,
Mark