Old February 15th 04, 07:20 AM
Mark Little

"Dave Heil" wrote in message

I've worked in commercial/scientific radio communications as well as

being
an Amateur and there is a great deal of similarity between the

operations -
there are licences,

How tough was the studying for a license for which there is no exam? ;-)

Are you really just clueless or are you just trying to be a smart arse? In
case it is the former, this page may help:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/

I'm not under FCC regulations so it's a real shame that I appear to know
more about them that you do.

there are regulations,

The regs aren't very much alike, are they? In fact, such point-to-point
channelized communications can only be compared to amateur VHF/UHF FM
operation.

Radio regulations cover a truckload of licence types and the regulations are
many and varied. Did you read about your regulations and not understand; or
do you just make this stuff up as you go?

Ignorance would be to
assume that because one has experience in another service, that all of
his experience in that service directly transfers to amateur radio.

This is more accurate as there are some subtle differences between even

very
similar activities.

You can bet there are and if you've read many of Leonard H. Anderson's
posts over the years, you'll find that he doesn't see them.

I didn't agree with him. I disagreed with you. His thoughts, past or
otherwise, right or wrong, aren't relevant.

Mark