Old February 15th 04, 03:10 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(stewart) wrote in message . com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
There is another factor which is common to those amateurs not engaged
in a radio-specific occupation...that the state of the art of everything in
amateur remain rooted in the familiar they know. That's almost
impossible since radio is only 107 years old and the technology involved
has been advancing in large plateau jumps all the while. That is true of
all electronics-related fields of work. They want the state of the art to
be fixed so they can enjoy what they found emotionally satisfying long
ago when they reached their personal best in the hobby. Others of
the modern day are little interested in meeting antiquated standards of
entering amateur radio.

Amen, brother... you've gotten to the core of the problem. But, it is
WORSE than you state, as these people can't simply go on doing what
they've been doing, they try to STOP others from doing new things...

I'd ask you to please CITE a verifyable example of someone trying
to STOP some form of experimentation or "advancement of the art",
Skewart, but I know that woulod go unanswered...

Of course I'd not expect much in the way of facts from someone
who thinks "advancement" is the creation of channelized "Colt" class
licenses and thinks MURS is impervious to abuse.

they are actually PRO-ACTIVE in their actions. I used to think it was
simply "foot-dragging" - but it is worse than that... they are like
little children, as they are being taken kicking and screaming to
their beds for the night, they will lash out or wildly grab onto
ANYTHING they can to slow the process... but, inevitably they WILL go
to sleep, and they just end up looking all the more PATHETIC for their
TANTRUM-THROWING.

You have yet to "prove" any tantrum throwing or examples of
"kicking and screaming" as you describe it.

Like Lennie, I believe you to be misusing adjectives to create an
untruthful representation of actual events.

Down here we just call if lying.

As for "PATHETIC",....that's what I'd call YOUR "vision" of the
future of ANY radio service. Your child-like obsession with "MURS"
being an example of your own myoptic anomoly

Case in point...

Steve, K4YZ