Old February 16th 04, 07:40 PM
Robert Casey

I agree. Beleive it or not, there are quite a few peope who don't want HF,
although they are less numerous than they were.

Well, they don't have to *use* the HF privledges if they don't want to.
But when I got
my "extra lite" back on Restructuring Day, I found HF to be fun to
operate. I used to
have an old fashioned tech plus from 1976 (5wpm, general written). It's
not like having
HF priviledges costs any more for the license...

If the FCC ever should consider creating a "Super-Extra" license, they
should allocate
new ham spectrum for them, leaving the existing extras access to all of
the old ham
spectrum. That's what they should have done back in the 60's when they
did incentive
licensing. And it doesn't have to be new HF spectrum, maybe new
microwave freqs,
LF or whatever. But as I understand it, HF isn't so much in demand as
VHF, UHF and
microwave is for commercial users today vs 40 years ago. So new HF is
more likely...
Though odds are very long even on that.