Old February 20th 04, 09:34 PM
Len Over 21

In article .net, "Dwight
Stewart" writes:

"The Eternal Squire" wrote:

So far as I know, FCC regs allow the
use of any code which is not intended
to obscure the meaning of the message,
and that this regulation can be satisfied
by the mere publication of the code.
This email is intended to publish a
telegraphy (Morse) code so that it might
be permissible to use. (snip)

You might want to contact the FCC for specific requirements before
proceeding. I sincerely doubt this newsgroup is "publication" to the extent
expected by the FCC. Wider publication will likely be needed, such as in a
major radio-related magazine or book.

Dwight, I take off for a few days and this place gets even sillier than
before! :-)

Too many get off on their own "realities" and leave this dimension for
some emotionally-overloading FICTIONAL universe.

Tolkien's "Middle Earth" isn't on the ITU's Region list and New Zealand
(where the film triology was made) still speaks English as a primary
language. Tolkien himself was an Englishman.

With all the "magic" in the enjoyable film triology, they don't really
need any simple on-off carrier keying to communicate...just speak
into their rings...or a birdbath...or container of magic potion.

I was wondering why old Star Trek fan sub-set Vulcan lovers were
until I realized the Vulcans communicated solely by "CW" (Curse
Words) and sub-space radio. FCC has no regs on sub-space radio.
Mama Dee would say (I'm sure) that it's okay to legally interfere
with a sub-space radio if you have a federally authorized amateur
radio license.

Gotta love the weirdness in here! :-)

LHA / WMD