Old February 9th 04, 07:48 AM
Richard Clark

On 8 Feb 2004 22:41:28 -0800, (Mark Keith) wrote:
I keep getting visions of mushrooms... :/ MK

And a Hookah smoking caterpillar? [a nod to "Jefferson Airplane" and
Lewis Carrol]

In any case, we went round over this moving the load in the opposite
direction many months ago (nothing's changed since then either):
My model took no more than a minute to offer (in comparison to the
like data already offered in response to your other post):
1 W2E1 1 0.00
2 .94658 0.00
3 .90287 0.00
4 .86518 0.00
5 .83014 0.00
6 .79686 0.00
7 .76486 0.00
8 .73383 0.00
9 .70357 0.00
10 .67393 0.00
11 .64482 0.00
12 .61614 -0.01
13 .58783 -0.01
14 .55984 -0.01
15 .53212 -0.01
16 .50463 -0.01
17 .47734 -0.02
18 .45021 -0.02
19 .42323 -0.02
20 .39637 -0.02
21 .36959 -0.02
22 .34288 -0.02
23 .31623 -0.02
24 .2896 -0.03
25 .26298 -0.03
26 .23634 -0.03
27 .20966 -0.03
28 .18292 -0.04
29 .15608 -0.04
30 .12912 -0.05
31 .102 -0.07
32 .07466 -0.09
33 .04706 -0.14
34 .01911 -0.32
35 .00929 -179.4
36 .03832 -179.9
37 .06839 180.00
38 .10011 180.00
39 .12989 180.00
40 .15719 180.00
41 .17431 180.00
42 .18799 180.00
43 .19776 180.00
44 .20299 180.00
45 .20331 180.00
46 .19816 180.00
47 .18701 180.00
48 .17804 180.00
49 .17045 180.00
50 .16365 180.00
51 .15741 180.00
52 .1516 180.00
53 .14614 180.00
54 .14097 180.00
55 .13604 180.00
56 .13133 180.00
57 .12679 180.00
58 .12241 180.00
59 .11817 180.00
60 .11405 180.00
61 .11005 180.00
62 .10614 180.00
63 .10233 180.00
64 .0986 180.00
65 .09494 180.00
66 .09134 180.00
67 .08781 180.00
68 .08434 180.00
69 .08091 180.00
70 .07754 180.00
71 .0742 180.00
72 .0709 180.00
73 .06764 180.00
74 .06441 180.00
75 .06121 180.00
76 .05804 180.00
77 .05488 180.00
78 .05175 180.00
79 .04863 180.00
80 .04553 180.00
81 .04243 180.00
82 .03935 180.00
83 .03626 180.00
84 .03318 180.00
85 .03009 180.00
86 .02699 180.00
87 .02387 180.00
88 .02073 180.00
89 .01754 180.00
90 .0143 180.00
91 .01096 180.00
92 .00748 180.00
93 Open .0035 180.00

The solenoid was dropped 10 inches between the two models.
Best gain = -15.33dBi @ 29 deg for this
Best gain = -9.52dBi @ 29 deg for the former

Lowering the coil led to nearly a 6dB drop - real world stuff and part
of the ham lore as you point out.

All this data pointed out then the current "peak" as has been
confirmed recently.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC