Old March 1st 04, 05:55 PM
Jim Hampton

Dave,

I *like* your idea. Makes more sense than code vs no-code arguements. Do
so many hours per year or you loose the ticket. After so many years of
having the ticket, you get a free pass once you are 65 years of age

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"Dave" wrote in message

being a 'service' also has its advantages. would golfers be listened to

at
all if BPL were going to take away their 'right' to play golf? would
hobbyists be asked to help in time of emergency, or be ordered off the

air?
if big business wanted one of our bands and all we did was hunt dx and
ragchew and didn't have a history of service to the country would the
government think twice about taking their money for it? as long as we
remain a service and at least some of us do what we can to help then all
reap the rewards... I move we get rid of the freeloaders, if you don't do

so
many hours of 'service' every year you lose your license! how about them
apples! Of course that won't happen as the administration of it would be
expensive and complicated. so crawl back in your hole and accept the

paper
title of the 'service' and just do what you want anyway.

---