Old March 2nd 04, 07:56 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(William) wrote in message . com...
JJ wrote in message ...
Len Over 21 wrote:

Anonymous one who has no amateur call, you cannot admit your
error. To do so would be against your mythology, the fantasy that
amateur radio always jumps in to save the day.

Not always, but always when needed and has saved the day many times.
That you can't be a part of it to get your recognition really gets your
goat doesn't it?

Would you estimate that in the last decade more cellular telephones
have saved the day than all of amateur radio in the last century?

Lennie's insistance that Amateur Radio "always" saves the day is
his way of skewing the results in his favor.

The FACT is that Amateur Radio DOES still offer that "...when the
chips are down" fall back, and judging by the support lent by so many
civil and governmental agencies, I dare the scumbag to deny it.

In THIS century, amidst the Internet, cellphones, spread spectrum
ad nauseum, Amateur Radio HAS helped to "save the day"...

Amateur Radio enjoys the same "reputation" that the Armed Forces
does today...for no matter how amazing our "shock and awe" weapons
are, we still depend on the basic infantryman to get the dirty work
done.

Well...Technology has it's flaws and vunerabilites, and more than
once in RECENT events Amateur Radio HAS been called upon to fill the
gaps until all that wizz-bangery can be returned to operational
status.

In short...it doesn't matter how many times that Amateur Radio has
"saved the day", the point is that it CONTINUES to do so, even in the
21st Century...

Sorry that the FACTS hike Lennie's skirt up. Of course when it
did, we found BurkieBoy UNDER Lennie's skirt!

As for you, Burke...Well...What can I say...?!?! You like
playing follow-the-loser, and I can see from your "comments" that you
do it well. I guess being an idiot is a learned trait...I just didn't
think anyone would go out of thier way to do it!

Bully for you. A person has to do SOMETHING well, and I guess
you've found your niche...

Steve, K4YZ