Old March 3rd 04, 11:30 AM
William

JJ wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Many, many, many, many, many people claimed to have successfully used
their cellular telephones fleeing from the Twin Towers. It was in the
news.

Post 9/11, sales of cellular phones skyrocketted. It was in the news.

That is why the cell network was no good for any emergency assistance
communications, it was people overloading the network to call someone to
say they got out alive, calling everyone they knew to turn on the TV,
ect. The cell network can't be counted on for emergency aid in such a
crisis as everyone wants to use their phone for non emergency aid type
calls. That is what I meant when I said in my post that cell networks
tend to become overloaded so that they are practically useless for
emergency aid, so of course there were many, many, many people making
calls, that is why the network was overloaded - DUH. And the
skyrocketing sales of cellular phones after 9/11 will assure that in the
event of another such disaster, the network will be even more overloaded.

The fact remains that many emergency calls were placed and got through
using cellular telephones.

Heaven forbid an emergency happens during a contest weekend!