Old March 5th 04, 12:10 AM
William

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

The fact remains that many emergency calls were placed and got through
using cellular telephones.

Does that upset you or do you find it some sort of validation for your
latest peculiar theory?

David, there is no theory. I merely stated a fact.

Actually, that isn't quite correct. You've made this latest statement
attempt demonstrating that amateur radio is not something which would be
useful in an emergency.

That would be your theory, not mine.

That is simply incorrect, William/Brian.

Then where did it come from? I did not state such a theory.

I made no attempt to disparage
amateur radio's role in an emergency.

Nor have I.

I leave that to the tag team of
"Len or Lenda".

Who are they?

Personally I'd want some amateur gear and a
cellular phone.

Personally, I try to avoid placing myself in a situation which becomes
an emergency. The next best thing is a cellular telephone, followed
by amateur radio.

Do you see evil in this?

Evil? Spring can't come early enough for you, can it?

Vernal Equinox?

Heaven forbid an emergency happens during a contest weekend!

How does a cellphone contest work?

David, now you're being obtuse. What's new?

Not at all, William/Brian.

Yes, you are.

I simply responded to what you wrote.

Impossible. You responded with a theory. I presented no theory.

If
you had a more complex thought, you didn't express it.

Correct. You made an assumption. Not my problem.

Dave, it is you who lacks complex thought. I enjoyed your little
escapade of bringing a cellular telephone to an amateur radio
contest.

Please point out the portion of your original statement which contains
anything about an amateur radio contest.

David, David, David. This is an amateur radio forum. Did you forget?

Maybe even France will call you.

I've often received calls from France, both on the amateur bands and on
the telephone.

David, we know this all too well. Try to keep it under control.

You're still good for a
few laughs.

The laughs, as usual, appear to be on you.

Not at all. You get your exercise jumping to conclusions. You ought
to go back to being sedentary and obtuse.

I'd love to hear more of
your amateur radio contesting exploits. I'd probably pick up a tip or
too.
Your insight into DXing was extremely valueable.

Dave K8MN

Ditto your suggestion to contest with cell phones. You Go, Dave.