Old March 5th 04, 12:42 PM
William

ospam (Larry Roll K3LT) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(William) writes:

Lennie's insistance that Amateur Radio "always" saves the day is
his way of skewing the results in his favor.

Oh, contraire!

Larry Roll has set up many a scenario where not only is amateur radio
the ONLY means to save the day, but only ONE particular mode is
suitable to save the day.

He's done it again and again.

Are we Not to believe Roll?

Billy:

My "scenarios" are always built around a simple premise: That there is, in
fact,
a licensed (and CW-capable) radio amateur at the scene of my "scenario," that
he has functional radio equipment at his disposal, and prevailing operating
conditions preclude the use of voice modes such as FM or SSB. I don't recall
making any inference that CW is the "only" mode that can "save the day" ...just
that unless you know the code, you can't use it when you may need it!

73 de Larry, K3LT

"...operating conditions preclude the use of voice modes such as FM or SSB."

Every time.