Old March 5th 04, 11:39 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Alun wrote in message . ..
(Len Over 21) wrote in
:

In article , Alun
writes:

Personally, I don't have a cell phone, so if I lost wired phone service
I would only have ham radio to fall back on. Oddly enough, cell phones
have not yet spread to every man, woman and child, but I don't know
anyone who doesn't have a phone number.

Alun, according to the Census Bureau's data as of 2003, there are
100 million cellular telephone subscriptions in the USA. That's
about one for every three citizens. Rather large "spread," I'd say.
:-)

If every licensed amateur in the USA had one useable radio, then the
number of amateur radios would be one per about 430 citizens. Not
as big a "spread."

LHA / WMD

And your point is...?

Hey...! It's LENNIE, Alun! No point is necessary!

The level of use of ham radio is not particularly relevant to the
discussion, except in that there are clearly enough of us to help out in an
emergency.

And that they do, over and over and over, yet His Putziness still
insists that such is not the case, reams of evidence to the contrary.

73

Steve, K4YZ