Old March 7th 04, 06:32 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Alun wrote in message . ..

In one way he does have a point. What I am alluding to is that prcisely
because it is a hobby we all have thousands of bucks worth of radios lying
around, and we can use them without wires and cell phone towers.

The "point" Lennie it trying to make us believe, Alun, is that
Amateur Radio is ONLY a hobby, with no intrinsic value to anyone
for any reason OTHER than recreation...That's not true.

His ulterior motive is to discredit Amateur Radio's countless
contributions, not only to the "history" of radio, but to the
"service" of the Nation as a resource to be called upon in any number
of disasters or emergencies.

He's unable to do that, either, but he obviously believes that if
he keeps repeating it often enough perhaps he and he alone can
re-write 90 years of history.

73

Steve, K4YZ