Old March 7th 04, 12:49 PM
Dee D. Flint

"William" wrote in message
om...
Get over the glory of our history. Mike Powell asks, "What has
amateur radio done for me lately?"

How recent do you need? September 11, 2001 comes to mind. Then there was
the great blackout of 2003. No doubt there have been smaller emergencies of
which I haven't heard. There of course there are the emergencies to come
such as future hurricanes. Although these have been rather quiet the last
few years, that doesn't mean they are gone.

Then outside the disaster arena, there's all the marathons, walk-a-thons,
bike-a-thons and myriad other public events for which hams routinely provide
communications. Our club supports 4 or 5 of these per year.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE