Old March 10th 04, 05:26 AM
Ed Zeranski

I happened across this thread then read all the posts. Not much on radios
but I did use radio to kill communists during those years, 1967-1968.

I was there, too: and everything John Kerry said is true.

I think the problem with Mr. Kerry is he testified he'd seen atrocities then
later admited he had not.

That Mr. Bendell didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen: he is

entitled
to support and protect the memory of his comrades, as am I - but not at

the
expense of whitewashing what others have documented. Yes, some soldiers
_did_ cut the ears off VC dead. Yes, some soldiers did other unspeakable
things: just ask Rusty Calley if you don't believe me. Some of it, I saw
with my own eyes, some I read in the courts-martial and/or arrest reports

saw as a Military Policeman.

That Calley trial was a biggie but a biggie because his act was so rare.
Given the political climate after I got home, if there were other such
events they would have been jumped on by the press and Service. If you were
military police attending Courts Martial of people who did bad things that
is also a statement that soldiers were monitored and if they f'd up they
..were brought up on charges. The remains of people, men, women, children
horrendously murdered by the VC-NVA represent actions never addressed, and
they represent many MANY Mai Lais.

That was over for me on 5 May 1968, Hue, Dong Ha , Qua Viet, discharge
in San Francisco. Today, however, as a lifelong registered Democrat I will
not-can not vote for Kerry. I feel no trust. He represents a very left
highjacking of my party by '60s types who hate the Constitution, Bill of
Rights, fellow citizens, and America in general. Sorry, Kerry and his ilk
would not be good for our country or any other country'
EZ