Old February 10th 04, 02:43 PM
Minnie Bannister

You don't think the ability to set up a station for Field Day is
practice for setting up emergency communications stations? You don't
think that operating a bunch of repeaters (which carried a significant
amount of emergency traffic in the aftermath of 9/11) is a contribution
to emergency communications?

Why should I care whether a club or other non-profit uses the stuff I
donate to it or sells my donated items and uses the proceeds to buy
items that are of more immediate use? E.g., do I care if I see an item I
donated to Goodwill for sale in their store instead of having been
delivered directly to some needy person?

Alan AB2OS (who did not renew his LIMARC membership only because he
moved away from the NY area)

On 02/10/04 12:52 am -Rev Jones put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace

SCAM SCAM SCAM !!! Isn't this the same guy/group thats always looking for
handouts ?
I live in Long Island, What Emergency Communication Stations ?
These guys do squat except ring up news 12 once a year, funny a "Antenna
Package FS is running on all teh related boards but this one
Anybody remember this posting?
=================
Subject: AMATEUR EQUIPMENT DONATION NEEDED

Newsgroups: rec.radio.swap
Date: 2004-01-23 06:22:39 PST

Long Island Mobile Amateur Radio Club (LIMARC), is looking for DONATIONS
of "Ham" gear, like triband beams, rigs, and towers, to be used for our
Emergency Communication Stations, and Field Day.
If you have any old equipment that you're not using anymore, and would
like to donate it to our cause, we will make sure that you get a nice
letter,
being that we have 503 c(3) status with the I.R.S. ,for a tax deduction,
from
our club. We really need your help, so please try to assist us in any way
that you
can.