Old March 21st 04, 03:58 AM
Jim Hampton

Len,

It wasn't the lack of a back-up generator that brought the police tower
down - it was *ICE*. Ice destroyed the antenna.

Immediately after the attack on the WTC, everyone in Rochester that was on
AT&T worldnet lost our internet. Funny how that happened. We had
telephone, but no dial-up internet. I suspect there were major switching
operations where the attack occurred.

As far as the ice storm, I was lucky. It did not get this far west. It was
the Eastern half of NYS.

BTW, I am beginning to understand how you manage to have so many detractors
in this newsgroup ...

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---