Old March 21st 04, 06:33 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Jim Hampton"
writes:

Len,

It wasn't the lack of a back-up generator that brought the police tower
down - it was *ICE*. Ice destroyed the antenna.

Thank you for the clarification.

Immediately after the attack on the WTC, everyone in Rochester that was on
AT&T worldnet lost our internet. Funny how that happened. We had
telephone, but no dial-up internet. I suspect there were major switching
operations where the attack occurred.

No loss of AOL here. Nor of broadcast TV feeds from NYC on
the major networks.

As far as the ice storm, I was lucky. It did not get this far west. It was
the Eastern half of NYS.

I'm sorry you had problems. Others in here have not been sorry
that the southwestern USA has experienced several spectacular
emergencies with losses of life. Some were actually overjoyed
that we had problems...such as the 1994 Northridge Earthquake
that killed over 50 people and got us an in-person Presidential
visit. Some easterners are very parochial and consider our "west"
to be not of the Union. [search Google for examples]

In such an environment of truly rude and obnoxious newsgroupies,
it is difficult to be Their kind of "civil" and support their bigoted
opinions. My apologies for slighting anyone in the NY state
area suffering winter ice storms and prolonged power outages.
I have friends in NY state too. They don't work in communications.

BTW, I am beginning to understand how you manage to have so many detractors
in this newsgroup ...

I am sure you do. :-)

Independent thought is a terrible thing to some. They can't stand
it and fight with might against it. "Ein volk, ein Reich!" (sound
familiar?) :-)

See the title of this particular thread. One individual seeks to
harass and intimidate another amateur...on baseless "charges"
that the individual manufactured out of spite and/or illness.

Do you approve of such behavior?

LHA / WMD