Old March 21st 04, 06:33 AM
Len Over 21

In article , JJ
writes:

Len Over 21 knocked the little old lady resthome resident from in front
of the computer, grabbed the keybord and blathered:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Tuff Tawk already in "reply?" :-)

My home is quite restful, thank you. My wife likes it, too. But,
it is not a "resthome"...2000 square feet, 1/3 acre, worth at
least $350K on the market. My wife and I have three PCs at
our disposal, all working, and that's not counting two older,
smaller ones in the workshop (the indoor one, not the garage).

No, ham radio does not "save the day" in every emergency, although it
has at times, nor does every ham claim to be a hero, although some have
gone above and beyond just like a lot of other good folks.

Good sign. You are beginning to see reality.

Not often
does ham radio become *the* major means of communications in a disaster
situation, but it has in the past and likely will again in the future.

When in the past?

When in the future? You mean when aliens from outer space
attack us and you morsemen save the planet? (Hollywood
already did that)

Not in every disaster is ham radio called upon to help and supplement
other official comms, but it has in the past and likely will in the future.

I'm sure.

Poor old senile lennieboy, he just can't bring himself to admit that ham
radio has and will play a vital part in emergency communications, and he
can't be a part of it because he can't pass the test.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You've been on the same stuff that the gunnery nurse
takes?

Try not to sprinkle in so many insults. They don't work and all it
does is make you look puerile (as in wise-ass adolescent).

The military, Homeland Defense, and other civil officials recgonize the
value that ham radio can be in times of emergencies, they intergrate it
in their disaster planning, but they wouldn't give you the time of day
lennieboy.

The time of day arrives accurately from WWVB over our two radio
clocks. I can depend on it. If they fail to work there is always
WWV on HF. No problem.

The military, "Homeland Defense" (isn't that "Homeland Security?")
is not the place to get "time of day." Neither is my civil official
government high-sounding title administration. But the city of Los
Angeles has an excellent, tried and proven Emergency Command
Center...I'm very familiar with that.

Grinds your hemorrhoids dosen't it?

No. Why the concern over my medical condition? Do you have
a pile problem? See a medical doctor for treatment if so.

Now go back to pestering the little old ladies in the sitting room.

My wife is watching television right now. In the family room.
She's the only other human living in this house. She is of
average size, not "little."

We aren't needing to take in boarders, income is quite
comfortable, thank you.

Try at least to be civil if you won't identify yourself. You are
behaving like Broose and the gunnery nurse.

LHA / WMD