Old March 21st 04, 11:29 PM
Len Over 21

In article , "Arnie Macy"
writes:

"Len Over 21" wrote ...

The rest of Leonard's usual drivel snipped ...

Tsk, tsk, tsk...still using pejoratives to open a message?

"You are now working in the electronics industry too? Amazing."
_________________________________________________ _______

What? The amazing Leonard not familiar with current technology?

I'm familiar with current...and voltage...and lots of things in the
whole field of electronics (radio is a part of that whole). But,
electronics technology keeps advancing. I'm still learning and
I started learning about it 57 years ago.

I can measure current in many and different ways, including
non-intrusive means at DC, AC, and RF. Do you wish to know
more about current? Please consult an electronics text or the
application notes of some electronics instrument manufacturers.

I'm shocked.

Safety first...use proper precautions around live conductors.

Do not let your train of thought become derailed.

You mean to tell me that this lowly Amateur Radio Op knows more
about cutting edge technology than the Wizard of Electronics?

I'm not a "wizard" nor have I claimed to be. After retiring (only from
regular hours of work) from a career as an electronics design
engineer, I've accumulated some amount of knowledge and
experience in several disciplines of electronics. I'm still learning
and working and designing and not afraid of jumping into venues
populated (as this one) by a number of egocentric amateurs with
delusions of expertise, trying to put down others who have the
actual experience and knowledge. Your sarcasm (with overtones
of spite if not spittle) is noted.

Say it ain't so, Leonard.

I am trying to discuss subjects in here, not personalities. People
like yourself don't want to do that, are intent on promoting only
themselves and their alleged expertise in communications.

This particular thread was another's egoboo challenge about some
NCVEC petition (actually two of them, the second only a plan).
To be gracious and civil, you could have at least recognized that.
Instead, you started in with your first public posting in here after a
long absence as nothing but a direct personal attack on myself.

If you wish to do nothing but make personal attacks, you are free
to start other threads with nothing but personal condemnation of
whomever you choose to target. This newsgroup is open to all and
not moderated; not moderated except in the minds of some PCTAs.

The immediate future for U.S. amateur radio is some kind of change
in licensing regulations which may or may not eliminate the
International Morse Code test from examinations. That immediate
future also has the spectre of wide-range, wide-bandwidth noise
on most of HF through low VHF from Access BPL. In essence,
Access BPL implementation may cause EVERYONE's HF through
low VHF receiver to kiss their sensitivity ratings goodbye...the QRM
may prohibit any sort of low-level reception by anyone in an urban
or suburban location.

If you wish to continue personal attacks on individuals just to ease
your perceived past woundings in this newsgroup, go ahead. Such
seems petty and vindictive on your part.

There's a very distinct possibility of an emergency in radio reception
quality of the future that isn't coming from overt attackers on the US
or any terrorists wanting any religious jihad or any imaginary threats
to Homeland Security. It exists in the homeland itself.

It is more constructive to fight against threats as a concerted group
instead of playing verbal paintball of individual on individual for petty
personal reasons. Your choice.

LHA / WMD