Old February 12th 04, 09:54 AM
Thierry

Default Quad vs Yagi (or log)

Hi,

Before investing in a future antenna I have discussed on my site about
antennas designs, quad vs yagi or log.
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/antenna4.htm
I would like to get more information from users. If you used both quad and
Yagi, I should be curious to know your opinion about both designs, pro and
cons in various conditions of work (installed on the roof, 10m away fro the
hosue, 2m high only, etc).

I need for example some more information about the noise generated by a yagi
vs a quad or any other relevant information at which I don't think about.
For example, at first "sight" the quad generates 5-10 dB less than a quad.
Have you some similar information or other with all relevant data (nbr of
elements of concerned antennas, wind speed during measurements, location of
antenna, etc).

Also, I am interested in the drawbacks of each model (quad, yagi, log). I
discuss about this problem too, but I 'd like to go further in this matter.
The question is : why did you choose - or didn't choose - this design
(another reason than its price with is of course the main factor).

Thanks in advance

Thierry
ON4SKY