Old March 23rd 04, 05:29 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Ham-radio is a hobby not a service
From: (William)
Date: 3/22/2004 6:53 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
From:
(William)
Date: 3/21/2004 7:14 PM Central Standard Time
And it's always about the military and civil authorities, isn't it?

Uhhhhhhh....Brain....Other than "military" or "civilian", what other
categories are there?

Steve, please notice the correct quote would be, "And it's always
about the military and civil authorities, isn't it?"

Please notice the word, "authorities" in my statement.

Your brain is squirming like a toad. You twist my words as you do
sooooooo many other things.

I don't need to "twist (your) words", Brain. They speak for themselves.
If you find that I am tripping you up with them, perhaps you should choose them
more carefully?

Your correct paraphrase should be (if you were an honest person),

"""Uhhhhhhh....Brain....Other than "military authorities" or "civilian
authorities", what other categories are there?"""

Honesty is not a problem in this case, Brain.

Having once again exposed your failings, you look for a scapegoat. Look
in the mirror.

I reply, The citizens. WE THE PEOPLE! Ever heard of them?

Yep...I'm one of them.

So, now you're going to make this a debate over Constitutional
definitions?

Unable to make headway here, so you're shifting gears again? OK...If not
for the elected government or the Armed Forces, who should be responsible for
community-wide emergency preparedness? I already agree that each family should
take it's own initiative...we're talking about restoring the lights, providing
fresh water, making sure that the community is secure...

Steve, K4YZ