Old March 23rd 04, 09:44 PM
Mike Coslo

N2EY wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

some snippage

I sometimes wonder what these people "do" spend their time thinking about.

Other things! Isn't modern life complex enough?

True! like who's on "The Simple Life" tonight, or that insulting talent
search show - lotsa important stuff like that.

Modern life has always been complex enough, always has been and always
will be!

You might also enjoy this site:

http://www.fybush.com/site-021219.html

Interesting history of W2XMN, the past, present and future of a famous
site. Click on the links to see how far ignorance can go.

Cool! I just heard about the tower this past weekend, and here you come

along with a link to it Good timing, Jim.

bwaahaahaa

...ze barracuda knowz whean to sterike...

It's a little scary at first
sight, but a magnificent structure nonetheless.

I've seen it from a distance but never up close. It's on the list. (I've been
to W1AW and operated there. Also visited NIST in Boulder and the WWV/WWVB
transmitter site in Fort Collins.)

As for the concerned residents of Alpine, they might want to chuck
their cell phones if they are so worried about RF exposure - though of
course I'm sure they never use them! 8^)

"Inverse square law? What's that?"

But frankly, they strike mer as being less than smart.

hehe, nothing like me talking about people being stupid and making my
own typo in the sentence!!! 8^)

Do not underestimate folks like that. Look at the BPL mess. Did you see the
Wall Street Journal article?

No I didn't.

Education and intelligence does not make a person smart. I always
thought that one of the things that makes for smart decisions is to be
able to extrapolate consequences.

Remember that whenever someone describes ham radio as "a hobby", they are
giving the BPL folks an argument against us. If amateur radio is "just a
hobby", then why should it be any more important than anyone else's hobby, such
as downloading pr0n via BPL?

And I do like the term "McMansion"!

We have some of them around here. Big houses, big price, tossed up quickly by
cheap nonunion labor. CC&Rs out the ying-yang.

The average mobile home has better construction methods, and often
better hardware, cabinets, etc. than those conspicuous consumption hovels.

- Mike KB3EIA -