Old March 24th 04, 11:09 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Why Can't N-ZERO-IMD Validate His Own Claims...?!?!
From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 3/23/2004 9:47 PM Central Standard Time
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

I recall the pictures from the wildfires in San Diego last year showing
people trying to use their cell phones without success. The look on many
faces was one of surprise that the things weren't working.

I was IN some of those San Diego wildfire areas and didn't "see"
what you saw. Also using a cell phone. It worked fine.

Now tell us all what amateur radio really DID do there that couldn't
be done by the regular telephone infrastructure. Be specific. Try
to avoid subjective "interpretation."

What interpretation is needed?

Even the press stated that cellphone coverage was lost in many areas.

And what were you doing in a wildfire area, Lennie?

Playing with matches?

Steve, K4YZ