Old March 26th 04, 12:43 AM
Arnie Macy

"Len Over 21" wrote ...

1960s, Arnie. Actually I don't care what you did before since it
wasn't much to do with electronics (which includes radio).

My apologies, 1960s electrical theory

Oh my, give you a Title and you really become difficult, don't you?

For your information (since you apparently don't know) the
VTC/Scotty is applied across the military services in a wide variety of
applications.

Video Tape Cassette?

Show us the references where we all might learn of these
"new revelations" for a "wide variety of applications" in
Communications. Give us TM numbers, FM numbers, etc.

Sheesh, Leonard. We don't use much in the way of milspec electronics
anymore. The new theory adopted by the armed services in 1994 relies
heavily on commercially available gear. The day of everything having to be
milspec is long gone. The FAR "requires" that we use commercial gear when
available, or modify it where possible for that use. "A key goal of federal
aquisition reform is to maximize the use of commercial supplies and
services. the FAR requires activities to explore the use of commercial
items to meet their needs." I learned this when I was being certified as a
COR on a 6 million dollar contract. Nearly everything that we aquired for
use in EM was either strictly commercial gear, or adapted from commercial
gear. (as per the rewuirements of the FAR)

The VTC is video teleconferencing. And a very good place to start would be:

http://www.msua.org/docs/mss_in_sept.htm

I don't suppose you know what a "Blackberry" is either.

If you mean the little palmtop unit favored in Europe and the UK,
I do.

WOW, I'm impressed. Leonard has made it out of the 1960s. Very good. BTW,
it's also favored in the Pentagon.

Do you know what a "raspberry" is? Here, have one from me
to you.

For someone that eschews personal attack so often, you seem to be very good
at it.

Arnie -