Old February 13th 04, 07:41 PM
Dave Platt

A yagi can be made with a direct dipole feed, which is very simple.

Please explain how. All the yagis I've heard of have a very low
feedpoint impedance. How do you use 50 ohm coax without a matching
device of some kind?

One approach can be seen at:

http://www.clarc.org/Articles/uhf.htm

This method, by Kent Britain WA5VJB, uses a combination of a
half-folded driven element, and a proper selection of element spacing,
to allow the direct connection of 50-ohm coax. They don't provide the
highest gain or F/B ratio possible with a Yagi, but it sounds as if
the sacrifice in gain is modest.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO