Old February 13th 04, 10:28 PM
Dave

oh... you may have been hearing the mother of all woodpeckers!

"Pete Holden" wrote in message
Well, thank you all for your ideas. I did check my dimmers and electric
blankets but found no RFI from them. It didn't seem to be anything from

the
thermostat either. I do have a battery charger which maintains a lead

acid
battery for my sump pump. I don't know about that yet. Of course, since
yesterday all has been quiet.

And, by way of full disclosure, I live within spitting distance of a

massive
array of radar antennas associated with our Distant Early Warning system
that supplies input to NORAD in Cheyenne Mt. and who knows what sort of

RF
they might be putting out occasionally?

Thanks again, Pete