Old February 14th 04, 06:17 AM
Ivan Makarov

Download and learn a freeware antenna simulator called MMANA
http://www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/mmana/
This is the best way to play with antennas without spending a penny.
It will answer all questions you asked.
--

Regards,
Ivan

"cme" wrote in message
I've read all the ham sites and I was hoping someone could enlight me.

Some
of the questions may seem dumb, but i figure there is no dumb question
unless you dont ask it.
I'm making a yagi antenna for channel 57,
I'm thinking of using 14 copper wire for dipole element and the 14 gage

wire
for reflector and director elements, just ot see if I can get it to work
better. actually thinking of use the channel 69 to make the antenna to cut
the peices of antenna.
Will I be able to pull 57 easier. Presently have a 4 elemnet bowtie

Delhi
uhf antenna. want to play with a yagi before buying one, to see if it

works
better, with out dropping the cash. would stacking another one on top of
the 4 bowtie on top of the present one give me anymore gain???? theres no
refector on mine. I'm half way in between 2 areas buffalo and toronto
transmission towers.
Not being a ham I know you have to tune the antenna for impediance I

guess.
Can I use a 300 to 75 ohm transformer or how would I find the impediance

of
the antenna If I made it from 14 gage house wire.
What if I use 300 twin antenna wire for the active element and 14 gage

wire
for the refectors and directors?

Are the reflectors and directors NOT connected to the active element.

I would appreciate any good sites on building your own TV antenna or any
info. in this area.
talked to alot of antenna tv shops and I get no help, so I decided to trry
and build a experimntal unit before droping the cash on another uhf

antenna.