Old April 5th 04, 07:45 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Holy man, mad as heck and not taking it anymore) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

So what should folks like you and I do about it?

In particular, when someone posts information that is flat out wrong,

should
we
simply ignore it or challenge it?

Your first step is to PROVE your "information" is the "truth" that
cannot ever be "flat out wrong."

Why? You don't do that, Len. Why should others have to meet a standard
that you don't meet yourself?

There are standards?

Oh, yes...you set the standards by edict. Or is that papal encyclical?

All shall follow your lead, opinions, etc., in order to be "correct."

All who do not follow are incorrect. Of course.

Such is the catechism.

You must separate your OPINION from so-called irrefutable
"truth."

Why? You don't do that, Len. Why should others have to meet a standard
that you don't meet yourself?

There are standards?

Oh, yes...you set the standards by edict. Or is that papal encyclical?

All shall follow your lead, opinions, etc., in order to be "correct."

All who do not follow are incorrect. Of course.

Such is the catechism.

Opinion is opinion, not some universal truth just because
you think it is so.

That's true. Which is why it's important to clearly state when
something is an opinion and when it's a provable or disprovable fact.

You first, supreme newsgroup holiness. We hear and obey...

After you've done all that, you have to consider that some folks
will still be against you. That is the nature of the computer-modem
beast. That will not change, not even if you think you speak the
most truthful words possible by mortals. Get used to it.

Once adjusted to all those very real environmental conditions, but
you still feel that your god-like words are irrefutable truisms, it is
time to pack it in, quit the newsgroup, and perhaps establish
yourself as a swami of a cult somewhere. That's much better
than to hang in and constantly complaining that some just don't
believe your truths to be self-evident and are so irreverent to
your magnificent words. :-)

You should re-read those statements and act on them, Len.

All is acting. Perhaps the world is a stage and you act upon it?

All shall follow your lead, opinions, etc., in order to be "correct."

All who do not follow are incorrect. Of course. Bad acting.

So here's a challenge for you, Len:

Let's see you set the example of "civil debate". That means no
name-calling, no little digs at other people's jobs, names, license
classes, ethnicities or religions, no making fun of their favorite
modes. It also means clear distinctions between facts and opinions.

Please give us the entire listing of what is correct.

Please issue the proper and correct stage directions so that
all may act upon it without error.

Please, your holiness, lead us not into temptation of the
terrible independent thought!

All shall be as you ordain, all shall be right with the world.

And it means behaving that way even if someone disagrees with you, or
disproves some claim you make here.

Yea, verily we shall all strive to act in the manner you have
shown us as leadership, your holiness.

Go ahead, Len. Show us how it's done. I'll follow if you lead. If you
choose to behave the way you typically have done here for the past 7
years or so, I'll just ignore you.

Oh! Please! Not that! To be ignored by the Holiest of Holy Men!

I stand abshed with head bowed before your majestic divinity
and humbly ask forgiveness for having the temerity to express
independent thought.

Picard at the marriage bureau: "Engage!"

LHA / WMD