Old April 6th 04, 11:20 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: All that flappin'
From: (William)
Date: 4/6/2004 4:23 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message

The term "ham" radio is part-and-parcel of the cover of the most

popular
Amateur Radio journal in Japan. I believe that other persons in this forum

can
verify for you that Japan's Amateur census is far in excess of the United
States'.

So you want to jump up and down and cite Japanese Amateur Radio when
it suits your purpose, but when I told you 10 years ago that they have
a no-code HF license, you didn't want to talk about it. It wasn't
really an amateur license. It was like "CB Radio." Now we're all
brother "Hams." How nice.

I never said the Japanese low-power HF license was "like CB", Brian...Not
once, not at all.

Also, YOU said the term was "uniquely American". I proved you wrong so
you make accusations that are false. Nice try.

I'd ask you to provide a quote from a valid post, but since I know there's
none, why waste the bandwidth...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ