Old July 11th 03, 08:16 PM
Ian White, G3SEK

Dale Parfitt wrote:

Terry wrote:
Last winter I broke a very nice 8 inch (straight glass not an egg
shell) insulator into two almost equal pieces. :-(
A 'clean' break in the ribbed section, no lost pieces or chips of
glass, the broken two pieces mated perfectly.
So a couple of days ago I 'glued' it with Crazy Glue

Cyanoacrylates (crazy glue) are near worthless in a humid and/or UV
environment- guaranteed to fail.

The anaerobic cements by Loctite create a bond stronger than the glass.
Pick up some rear view mirror cement with its primer.

That looks like a better idea, but be careful - there's more than one
kind of rear view mirror cement. A friend in Sweden was sold a pack of
cement that only cures in the UV from sunlight... up near the Arctic
circle... in winter.

Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek