Old April 11th 04, 09:59 PM
N2EY

In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

Jim:
I haven't been watching the newsgroups as much myself....... When there is
less than 5% of actual good debate/discussion on a topic (no matter how
risque it is) it is not worth my time to wade through the arguments.

Agreed, Ryan. I have found it very effective to either killfile the worst
offenders, or simply skim until the general tone of the post becomes apparent.
Often it's clear from the first line that a post isn;t worth my time.

I have
had a schedule change which doesn't allow me the flexibility to respond like
I used to.

I use AutoAol, which downloads email and newsgroup posts so I can respond at
leisure and save or delete as desired. Doesn't tie up the phone line and
deletions are almost instantaneous.

Than and pursuing Fire Officer 1,2,3 and yet another Associates
and Bachelor degrees, my time is severely limited.

Good luck on your continuing education.

I do miss some of the debates/discussions of the past. Let's see what
topics of policy or procedure we can actually discuss, without fighting
about it.....

How about this one:

"Is it a good idea to have an class of license that does not allow
homebrewing-from-scratch? Canada and the UK have such a class".

73 de Jim, N2EY