Old April 12th 04, 04:26 AM
Len Over 21

In article , PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

For what it's worth, as of 6 April 2004, there were 282,948

That number includes expired licenses which are in the grace period. As of
April 11 2004, the number of current (non-expired) Technicians is 262,804.

Ho ho ho...you HAVE to start this all over again, don't you?

I just look at
www.hamdata.com and accept that.

If you a terrible need to point fingers and cry "shame, wrong!" then
go argue with the hamdata folks.

Tell you what, Rev. Jim, YOU download the ENTIRE FCC database
and pass out copies on CDs. That way anyone can be very
busy little bees and MASSAGE data any way that suits them.

no-code-test Technicians in the FCC ham database. That's a
whopping 38.9 percent of all licensees who cannot, legally,
operate on ham bands below 6 meters.

Incorrect!

Since April 15, 2004 (4 years ago as of this coming Thursday), FCC has been
renewing all Technician Plus licenses as Technician. In addition, any
Technician who has passed Element 1 gets Novice/Technician Plus HF privileges
even though the license and database still say "Technician".

Jimmie, Jimmie, Jimmie. Try to stay in focus without your fuse
getting lit. :-)

On 6 Apr 04 the number of all US amateur licensees, less club
calls, was 727,145. Divide that into 282,948 and you get 38.9%.

That's OVER one-third of all licensees...even if you insist on your
VERSION of numbers.

If you can't show the EXACT numbers of ALL those T+ conversions
to T or all those that "passed Element 1" then you be wrong,
wrong, wrong, wrong, clong. :-)

Why did I pick 6 April 2004? [funny you should ask] It's copied
into several of my Comments on the 4 Petitions for 2004. If you
want to pick at flyspecks, go to the ECFS and let the FCC know.

I could pick 11 April and get those numbers. But, tomorrow, when
you finally see this, it will be 12 April and there are new numbers.
Good...then you could shout all over "He's wrong! He's wrong!"
:-)

All you are doing is poor MANUFACTURING of a dispute. As you've
done many times before. [shoddy manufacture, poor QC]

So, do you WANT all HF hams to sit forever in little tiny bandspaces?

LHA / WMD