Old February 14th 04, 03:55 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Richard,

I think the FM antenna would be too far off frequency to trim to size. A
better bet would be to get a used 2 meter antenna, and trim that. To a first
approximation, to get resonance at 156 MHz, you would cut off about 7% from
each element.

Tam/WB2TT
"Richard" wrote in message
Hi.

I'm wanting to have a marine band 5 element yagi. You cannot buy these
things. Seems to me, that I could say myself some hassle by just buying a

5
element FM yagi, and scaling things down. Only major snag could be
adjusting the folded dipole, I would have to cut that in the middle as

well
as at the connection ends.

Anyone tried modifying a commercial VHF yagi beam with folded dipole?