Old April 14th 04, 12:44 AM
garigue

Default The ham spirit is well dead

The ham spirit has now totally
disapeared,

Sadly you are correct in some manner ......it is there but changed to
something else and I wish I had the wisdom to describe what it is now. I
think that the "magic" is gone with the advent of the computer and the
everyday wiz-bang of modern technology. I am not lamenting this as this is
progress ......it is just the way it is. It remains to be seen if ham
radio as we have known it will be a recognizable in 20 to 30 years given the
changes of the last 20. Again I am not tearing my rament and covering my
head with ashes. It is up to us to pass on the positive traditions of our
service. The question to ask yourself is how you have been a positive for
the service ......not carping about things that have gone under the bridge
years ago.

Having a callsign is not
a proof of respectability. Take care !

Does the Pope serve mass on Easter Sunday ....do bears dump in the woods
etc. Unfortunately some of the biggest jerks I have known in my life have
had call letters .....

God Bless ....Tom Popovic KI3R Belle Vernon Pa.