Old April 14th 04, 02:23 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Jason Hsu wrote:
Is the No-Code Technician license THAT hard to get? During the years
when both the Novice and No-Code Technician licenses were available
for new hams, the new hams (including myself) overwhelmingly chose the
No-Code Technician.

Not difficult at all. Many people have taken and passed the test. I
can't think of any good arguments for reducing it.

Think of a very basic entry level that more than just extraordinary
bright kids can take and pass.

In one of my recent classes, I had an 8 year old boy of ordinary grades and
ordinary intelligence take and pass the Technician. Sorry but the test does
NOT need to be easier. He made it on the second try. This is no worse than
many adults.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE