Old April 14th 04, 02:28 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Robert Casey" wrote in message
Dee D. Flint wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Indeed, if we support the lowered power limits, and all, is there a
good argument for simply letting Novices on the air with no
requirements? Learn as they go?

- Mike KB3EIA -

If the new "Novice" or "Communicator" proposals get instituted, I will

tell
any beginning class that I teach that we are going to go all the way to
General. It won't be worth my time to teach otherwise.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

I would agree, *if* you mean that you will do a class where people,
partway in your
class, get the "Novice" or whatever it's called, and then continue on to
General.
How to enforce "no drop-outs" is another question....

Sure no problem with them taking the Novice as they feel like it. It might
even be beneficial as they will, as did we all, struggle a bit to get on the
air. What could be more convenient than going to a class you are already
enrolled in? I would stress the point that they can bring questions to
class as it will benefit all the other students. As to enforcing
attendance, we give our classes through the Parks and Recreation Department,
etc. They charge for the use of the room. Thus the students have to pay a
registration fee and that must be for the whole course that goes directly to
the Parks and Recreation depart. So some will stay just because they have
paid for the entire thing.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE