Old April 14th 04, 02:48 AM
Mike Coslo

Robert Casey wrote:

:

If the existing Technicians are upgraded to General, this means
that after we do this, we are discriminating against all that come
afterward. There will be a *powerful* argument that "The Tech elements
were good enough for the majority of hams to become General, so why
should I have to take a harder test?"

And although there is really no test process needed at all to get
on HF (witness CB'ers that run illegal power levels)

Well, they're not *legal* and should not be there. And legal CB
operators are not supposed to talk internationally.

Sure, but if you make it legal, is there any reason to require any test
at all?

- Mike KB3EIA -