Old April 14th 04, 11:40 PM
KØHB

"Jason Hsu" wrote

| Where did you read that No-Code International supports the ARRL
| proposal? NCI already submitted a petition, and this petition only
| advocated the elimination of the Morse Code test requirement. NCI's
| mission is to eliminate this requirement all around the world. It
| would not be appropriate for NCI to advocate automatically upgrading
| Technicians to General.

Here is an excerpt from a message sent to NCI members:

"Almost two months ago we asked for your input on
the major aspects of the ARRL petition (RM-10867)
for amateur license restructuring. You are one of
the 800+ members who participated in the survey.
We thank you for your valued input! The response
was overwhelming as to desiring NCI to support
all the points in the ARRL petition, except, of
course, any continued code testing."

As I read it, that means that NCI is on record as supporting...

.... the ARRL proposal for a new Novice license.

.... the ARRL proposal to immediately upgrade all Technicians to General

.... the ARRL proposal to immediately upgrade all Advanceds to Extra

.... the ARRL proposal to end code testing for General

.... the ARRL proposal for re-farming of the old Novice bands.

In other words, "Let the Great Giveaway Begin".

73, de Hans, K0HB