Old April 15th 04, 08:08 PM
Len Over 21

In article . net, "KØHB"
writes:

"Jason Hsu" wrote in message
. com...

| Until the ARRL proposal came out, I had never heard anyone propose
| automatic upgrades of Technician licensees to the General class. Now
| that this proposal has come out, many people are defending this part
| of the proposal.

People support the ARRL proposal because it gives about 65% of all
existing hams a coupon for a free pass to General or Extra. That
suggests that the proposal would gain 65% support right out of the box.
Even NCI has decided to support it, but then the vast majority of NCI
members are techs who would be eligible for the freebie.

Thank you for that fair and equitable objective viewpoint,
seasoned old sea salt.

What's the percentage of the ARRL membership that are Techs
compared to other classes? Remember that the no-code-test
Tech license is over a third of ALL amateur licensees in the US.

ARRL membership was down to 21% of all US ham licensees
in December. Down from July and that down from December a
year before.

See any connections there? :-)

LHA / WMD