Old February 14th 04, 09:49 PM
Uncle Peter

"Steve Nosko" wrote in message
Diathermy was mentioned in the longwire exposure thread and made me think

of
this long standing problem here in northern IL..

For some years now, there has been interference on the local 2M repeater
(145.41) which sounds just like the diathermy I used to hear on 10M long
ago. I could tell that it was a crude 60/120Hz. modulated signal which
swept through the repeater input frequency.

It could also be a parasitic oscillation in a VHF transmitter as well.
Pager,
police, taxi... Use the spectrum analyzer to see if any nearby activity
jives with the buzzzzzzz.

Pete