Old April 19th 04, 04:52 AM
Alun

"garigue" wrote in
newsJEgc.164828$K91.421193@attbi_s02:

I agree. FISTS has a hard-line stance in favor of Morse Code
testing.
The organization is supposed to be dedicated to OPERATING Morse
Code, not keeping the Morse Code requirement. The leaders should
have
either started a new organization dedicated to defending Morse
Code requirements or simply filed petitions on behalf of
themselves instead of on behalf of FISTS.

Jason Hsu, AG4DG

Why isn't NCI .......NCTI ....... Should have testing in there
as I have read repeatedly that the group is only against testing
...... Oh well Back on 40 CW ....

73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.

Why does a Morse/Farnsworth Code advocacy group use a symbol of
violence for their name?

Nope .....a symbol of anatomy used to describe a good CW op as in he
has a good fist .....which I have heard used repeatedly over the years
...I guess it is a lot simpler to say that than ..... that fellow can
really coordinate the use of his thumb-middle and index finger and his
forearm to send good signals ......na .....I guess it has degenerated
into the pressing of a mike button to complain about one's health
problems or making bizarre noises either on purpose or by some wildly
compressed splattering signal to make up for poor operating skill Oh
BTW don't forget my 10-10 number. But I guess that pounding brass is
more violent than flapping one's jaw

73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.

You really don't like phone do you? Nobody's forcing you to tune up to the
phone end of the band!