Old April 20th 04, 04:15 AM
garigue

I think we already know what the FCC will do re the phone subbands.
Although the FCC haven't responded to the WRC petitions, they just

released
a new NPRM on some other assorted issues and it offers an additional 25

kHz
of phone on each of 80 and 40. That ain't much, certainly less than I

would
like, and scarcely enough to upset the CW guys (although there's bound to
be someone!). I think we can take it that will be finalised in the near
future.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Hello Alun .... ain't upset with 25 kcs .....hopefully that will bring more
DX to the phone guys but I would probably bet the kid's shoe money that the
foreign phone ops will be more upset than the domestic CW ops.

73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.