Old April 21st 04, 07:24 PM
Scott n7rvn

Default "Harry's Hams" a policy violation

I am looking for an article about "Harry's Hams". The article was published
in May (I believe) of 1983. I am pretty sure of the year. Can anyone
either scan, copy, or heaven forbid type the text of the article so I can
get accurate information?

The article addresses a weather net that a local forecaster used to report
the information he overheard on the nets. He called the guys on the nets
"Harry's Hams" and the FCC squashed that quickly. Seems the FCC felt
sharing this as his hams doing the work for the television station, violates
the regulations. Imagine that. Today the fines would be huge for that
little faux paw.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks