Old August 2nd 03, 07:09 AM
Bob Miller

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:42:51 -0700, fghgh wrote:

I have a Denon 2500 receiver. The small external AM loop
doesn't work well.
Would just connecting about a 100' 12 ga wire to only one of
the terminals and not grounding the other (too inconvenient)
work.

It wouldn't cost anything to find out. Get a 100' roll of stranded #16
or so wire at RShack, attach one end to your antenna terminal, and
unroll the wire. See what happens. I used to get good results with a
piece of random length wire on the old AM receivers I started out
with.

Bob
k5qwg

Or are there better external indoor loops out there?