Old April 25th 04, 10:14 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Hans' views/complaints about NCI and the ARRL and NCVEC
petitions
From: Mike Coslo
Date: 4/24/2004 11:00 PM Central Standard Time

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:

I particularly appreciate you comment in light of the fact that I know you
don't agree with me (or NCI) on some of the issues.

If that is how it is, The officials should be hired as employees, and
vetted for compliance and obedience. Why elect anyone. Simply poll the
constituants, and do exactly what the majority asks.

I see your point, Mike, however in 85% of the cases the elected
representitives are supposed to be doing JUST that..."representing".

Yes, I know there are those times when they must act without taking the
time to get the "pulse" of what thier constituents want...Like responding to an
attack. In those cases I EXPECT them to not wait around. Otherwise, there's
very little reason for them to NOT be able to take SOME time to work with the
constituency.

73

Steve, K4YZ