Old April 25th 04, 08:56 PM
Mike Coslo

Bill Sohl wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

some snippage

I know that it's all about getting maximum benefits for minimum input
these days, but if a prospective ham asked me, I would suggest that they
wait until after "the one time adjustment" to get their license, unless
they wanted to go through the ranks quickly and get at least General
before the "one time adjustment. Learning and testing is not a bad
thing, IMO.

I suspect then you'd be unhappy with the General/Tech test given in the
latter 50's throught the gos which until 1968 conferred full operating
privileges to Generals. The ARRL study guide for General was
only 16 pages of material.

I don't know. Comparing the relative difficulties is pretty hard. I've
tried, and so much has changed between then and now.

I definitely *don't* think the earlier tests were harder. But how much
difference is about impossible to quantify.

- Mike KB3EIA -