Old April 26th 04, 04:37 AM
Robert Casey

KØHB wrote:

Three-Star General - Pre 1987 Technician given posthumous
promotion to General

That'd be me had I not taken the extra written(s) (When I did it was 4a
and 4b).

Five-Star General - General who took an actual General
examination in front of a steely eyed FCC official in a noisy
drafty government office in downtown Fargo and had to walk uphill
(both ways) through 10-foot snowdrifts on Good Friday 1954.

I took my tech at the FCC field office in NYC back in 1976. The FCC
official
was a woman who likely did all the various tests other than just the ham
tests
(done only on Wednesdays). She did know the code as I had to do a sending
test as well as copying. I didn't do 13wpm, so maybe I'd only be a 4
star? :-)