Old April 28th 04, 03:05 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Morse and Contests
From: "Dee D. Flint"
Date: 4/27/2004 8:55 PM Central Standard Time

I've tried running a frequency on SSB contests but just don't get enough
takers to make it worthwhile so I finally end up doing the "search and
pounce". I'm not good enough yet to run a frequency on CW so by necessity
do "search and pounce" when operating in this mode.

I had a lot more fun just setting a "personal goal" and working towards
that when I get into a contest. I set out to get a "Clean Sweep" a few yeas
ago and did it...with less than 150 Q's on each mode!

I'm wondering how many S-units will be added to my 100 watt mobile signal
if it's "/VO1" in the next Sweepstakes...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ