Old April 28th 04, 05:16 AM
KØHB

"Jack Twilley" wrote

What's your goal?

Depends on the event....

In the MNQP it's to give everyone (especially county hunters) a
chance to work a new Minnesota county.

In CQWWDX it's to do better than I've ever done before (setting a
new personal best) knowing I'll never win because I live in the
infamous "black hole" of propagation and can't break throught the
right- and left-coast RF curtains.

In either of the 160 contests it's to pick up new countries to
fill out my 6-band DXCC.

In Nov SS it's take-no-prisoners-bring-home-the-walnut-plaque and
get in the top-10 box for my class.

In CQ-M it's to fill in the blanks on my oblast map.

In all of them, to have fun, tweak the engineering of my station
and antenna farm for best communications efficiency, and to pick
up some kind of bragging rights for the next MWA meeting (see
http://www.w0aa.org)

73, de Hans, K0HB